V6 (VR6) Km/h Speed vs Engine's revolutions - Help request to V6 tiptronic owners

and_pir

Aktiv-Mitglied
Hello; forgive my english.
I have a question for the owners of T5s V6.
My own goes to 110km/h (stable speed) with the 6th gear engaged, while the engine is revving about 2.900, almost 3.000rpm: it guzzles about 5km/L (18L --> 100km) in highway (autobahn)!!!
This looks weird to me because my old T4 (VR6, manual, 5 speed only!) used to revv about 2.500 to 110km/h and I used to get 10/12km for 1 L in highway.
Is that normal or do you think my bus is damaged or has problems?
Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I can hardly think of any problem with the transmission that would change the gear ratios. Furthermore the RPMs look reasonable - at Vmax (208km/h) that will give around 5500 RPM which is close to the RPM for max. power output.

The fuel consumption, though, seems to be very high. I would first check the airflow sensor.

Marcus

Thank you Herr Marcus;
Just to have a term of reference... How much is the fuel consumption of the your van in a situation like the one I described? (highway)

We have got a 4motion Diesel with manual transmission - hard to compare.

The VR6 ist known to be a gas guzzler but it should not be that much. My guess would be 10-12l/100km at 110km/h.

Marcus

Oh, yeah, now I see that under your avatar there are all your van's datas...
Well, that was my idea also... 11/12. I could accept even a 9km / L but my situation is very disappointing.
And I add now that my T4 was a heavy westfalia california, with the wood fornitures and the pop top; this T5 Ihave now, it is just a multivan.
This fuel guzzling is right for a Chevrolet 6.0 + 4 speed gearbox, not a Vw + 6 speed.

:'(

Zurück
Oben