Webasto

gianvi

Jung-Mitglied
Hi, sorry for English but my German is equal to 0 :D

I have a Caravelle T5 with Webasto Thermo Top C as help to warmer.
It works only when the engine is running.
A friend of mine said that is possible to use it as "Webasto" only, i mean with the engine stopped.

I have the Climatronic installed, but no way to use webasto with motor not in run.

What i need to use it for the cold "Freeride" winter session ?
I read also that in summer this can be used just for ventilation (to move the air inside the car); is it right?

Any suggestion? Tks.
Gianvi

AW: Webasto

Hi Gianvi,
I tried to find out more about this Webasto heater here:
http://www.webasto.de/oem/de/am_rv_heaters_5628.html (german only)
So I guess this is a system which should be able to operate without a running engine. It has a seperate connection to the fuel tank.

My opinion is you haven't bought a second additionally battery because the webasto is allways connected to that. Not to the normal battery that run the car.

A good idea is to call your local Webasto service representive http://www.webasto.com/company/en/5250.html
I'm sure he can help you to find the cause for this behavior. But first check my guess with the second battery.

Keep us informed and good luck
Matte

Ok, I`ll try to explain it: It exists an upgrade Kit from Webasto - after installing this kit, you can use it to warm up the car before you start it. Your VW-Dealer or Bosch-Car-Service can give you prices, etc. I have paid ca. 700,- € with a remote control (inkl. installing). Without the remote control ca. 400,- €

Where are you from?

Hi, tks for the fast answers.

I'm from Italy and here webasto is not so popular, only on camper but is still installed full when you buy it.

I asked to VW and they say : " you have to install another one" and i said that probably they are wrong :D :D :D

tomorrow morning i have a call with webasto Italy technician that will explain to me all, i hope.

many thank's fo rthe moment and i will let you know tomorrow the answers.

gianvi

Zurück
Oben